HOST at Impact Hub Boulder
(Full-time; hiring for two openings)
Become a Host at one of the most inspiring work communities in Boulder, make valuable connections, receive mentorship and build your career.
Impact Hub Boulder is a downtown Boulder co-working space serving social entrepreneurs, progressive business leaders, non-profits and change-makers. Hosts are core to the success of Impact Hub Boulder, and their responsibilities are similar to a high-end business concierge. Hosts are responsible for creating and maintaining a healthy and productive work environment for the members, facilitating connections, greeting and assisting visitors, and providing excellent customer service.
Hosts open and close the space, greet members and visitors and are the first and last point of connection during a members’ stay. Hosts will also represent Impact Hub Boulder to the broader community when we host events, at external gatherings, and virtually, on the Internet.
We seek applicants who will maximize positive impact, have an infectious attitude, good self-awareness, a charitable mindset, optimism, trust and a long-term view of success. We believe in enlightened hospitality so applicants must have a passion for the service industry and a non-compromising outlook that will lead them toward creative interactions with our members.
As a Host at Impact Hub Boulder, you will have a unique opportunity to:
- Participate in a structured 18-month program designed to build your experience and resume:
- Be compensated for your time while you learn, evolve and grow your network
- Interact with, support and learn from our (385+ and growing) members
- Receive ongoing mentorship and support
- Receive guidance and mentorship, in the latter two quarters of your term, into a transition process that helps you find your next job
- Build relationships with entrepreneurs, business leaders, consultants and other leading change-makers in Boulder
- Receive exposure to learning opportunities through events, workbenches (our workshop education series) and individual connections
- Collaborate with high-impact leaders to support their work
- Experience working in an agile, growing, data-driven organization
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Facilities management; ensure members have clean, healthy, functional working environment, including:
- Open and close the space
- Maintaining cleanliness and order in the workspace, kitchen, conference rooms and other common space
- Very light tech / AV support (e.g. connecting to the wi-fi, printing, connecting a computer to a monitor, etc.)
- Member service, which includes:
- Greeting and welcoming members
- Answering direct questions about using the space
- Learning about members’ needs and connecting them with other individuals
- Processing all incoming requests from members
- Membership sales and prospect conversion
Secondary Responsibilities Include
- Member on-boarding
- Event support, to include set-up, registration, staffing and re-setting the space after events
- Support to senior staff
Key Skills Include
- Exceptional customer service mentality
- Strong attention to detail
- Desire to empower and support our members to reach their full potential
- Anticipation of the day’s events to prepare spaces for smooth flow of activities
- Comfort and facility with simple technology (A/V, computers, wifi, printers, etc.)
- Strong sense of aesthetics, design and flow
- Warm and friendly personality
- Ability to stay positive during challenging and/or busy situations
Demand for these two openings are high – please apply early and include a letter of interest and your resume. Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or direct inquiries please.
The Host position is a full-time, hourly position with a fixed 18-month term (as described above). Compensation is $14/hr. In addition to financial compensation, this position offers significant opportunity to build a professional career path, learn about entrepreneurship, receive valuable mentorship throughout your tenure, connect with a network of business owners and learn from and engage with a community of change-makers. Associates or Bachelor Degree required.
Application Deadline of March 27th. If you are selected for the first round, you will participate in a fun and energetic screening session with Groundwork (an Impact Hub Boulder member company) on April 3rd, from 4-8pm. Location and additional details will follow if you are selected to participate.